What is wrong with my Passion flower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved in last year, down one fence 20mts was a beautiful healthy passion fruit/flower plant. It flowered all through until Oct and was laden with fruit. When it died down I could see it was in need of all the old dead stuff coming out, so in Feb I pulled the old dead wood out.
There is little growth on it and the leaves that are there are blotchy and curled. I have not given it any feed or water, can I get it back?

Taken some pictures to show the problem.

Sponsored Links
Most passifloras look pretty manky until they are cut back in late spring, much as in your pictures. Cut all the old/manky leaves off and any old, dead bits (usually very pale/cream in colour). Don't be afraid to end up with a load of bare stems with some very small growth on. It may be that the plant has already started to shoot as some of your pics have very small, dark green new growth on - tie those branches into the support.

If you have not fed or watered yet, do so now as the past few weeks have been very hot and dry. Water the plant well once a week at the moment and throughout ht the summer but do not overwater. Feed immediately with some high potassium fertiliser and feed once every 2 weeks or so until the flower buds appear.

Hope it recovers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back