Tatty table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a teak table that is 4 yrs old, but has never been protected with anything. It is now silver/grey and slightly rough.
What should I use to bring it back to life. I don't want it to look too new.

Sponsored Links
lightly sand to get rid of the rough bits?

it will weather to silver / grey anyway, the only way to stop it is to stain it or seal it I suppose?

Same as ours. Just sand it lightly to get smooth and then use Teak oil. If you use a stain you will be doing it forever and more than likely end up with cracked / flaky surface where the stain comes off eventually

I used a pigmented teak oil last year and that already came off slightly flaky so i would recommend just teak oil. Make sure the wood is very clean and dry before you do it though and put on a few thin coats

Sponsored Links
lightly sand to get rid of the rough bits?

it will weather to silver / grey anyway, the only way to stop it is to stain it or seal it I suppose?

That's the way it's supposed to go :D Just a rub down and some teak oil as previously suggested is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back