Ideal Isar HE24 Code LE

disconnect the plug from the boiler (underneath) and then turn the power back on. If the fizzing has stopped then the fault could be water on the electrics within the boiler

Regardless of others opinions on the subject, the info about the plug really helped me when it looked like a big spend was on the cards.

Thanks to all.

John

Sponsored Links
well,

I've got to an ICOS today,

need s a new pcb, cust control pcb and the purple wires that connects them. ideal quote 250 to buy the lot from them, or they'll send an engineer out to fix any problem on the boiler for £240.

Where is the logic in that?

Cause that's the retail price of parts to you. We certainly don't pay that for them.
Get the fixed price repair as it sounds like you will also have a water/condense leak dripping onto these.

the purple wires that connects them.

you dont get the purple wire on a icos

Sponsored Links
I have seen purple wires somewhere!

Where are they then?

And before Newgas questions my colour vision it was tested before I joined the BBC !

Tony

Correct idealnumber 1 you don't have a purple lead on an Icos but the OP was talkingabout an Icos system 24. Which I believe does have one.
Pump leaking onto controls. No pump in an icos either so looks like system boiler not heat only!!!

they will all moan about ideal anyway shambolic,dont know why you give them advice anymore but as warmsure are no longer part of ideal why should we care ;)

Yes you do. IDEAL ICOS HE24 system boiler, they link the customer controls to the PCB.

Can you see the numbers in those circles full of balls?

adamsheating";p="1359032 said:

Yes you do. IDEAL ICOS HE24 system boiler, they link the customer controls to the PCB.

did you put the above imformation in your original post,NO

you just said ICOS

[quote="Agile

The fizing may be water leaked from the auto air vent onto the back of the display board. Sometimes just the display board or even just the back to back connector is damaged but other times it takes out the main PCB as its not protected against overloads caused by this fault.

The cynical would say that the main PCB is intentionally not protected within its design so that they sell lots of them!

Tony[/quote]

The Icos is the new Suprima, only worse

The display module can take out the main board, the main board can take out the display board and if the fan stalls, the increased current drawn takes out the driver transistors in the main pcb

Its not even winter and we repaired 50 Icos pcbs last week

they will all moan about ideal anyway shambolic,dont know why you give them advice anymore but as warmsure are no longer part of ideal why should we care ;)
I care cause I am an Ideal engineer not on a Warmsure contract so come March I'm leaving you lot to get back to only working on ideal stuff again hurrah!!

Today we went to look at a Ideal Isar HE24 we fitted this boiler in one of my houses and within a week it was showing L-E fault code on the display screen so we took the cover off to discover it had a brand new PCB fitted by my apprentice a few days ago due to the same fault he is a 3 year apprentice with a good knowledge of the type of boiler and he did a straight forward PCB swap all on multi connectors.

When we went to look at it me decided to phone ideal and the lady on the end of the phone suggested to check the Gas Valve the Overheat Thermostat and the Diverter Valve we checked all of the above starting with the gas valve the most accessible part to test that was fine so we check the diverter and that was fine so we looked at the overheat stat and the stat itself was fine so then we looked at the wires for continuity and it turned out one of the wires had popped out of the multi-connector so all we did was push the cable back in and the boiler is now working fine and has been for the last few days.

SO FOR ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH IDEAL ISAR HE24 BOILERS OUT THERE CHECK THE CABLE HARNESS FOR FAULTS THE BOILER WHEN CLOSED IS A WARM TIGHT SPACE A CAUGHT CABLE THAT CHAFES AGAINST THE CASE OR THE HOT PARTS CAN CAUSE A PROBLEM STOP SPENDING MONEY ON EXPENSIVE PCB'S CHECK FOR OTHER THINGS FIRST

Today we went to look at a Ideal Isar HE24 we fitted this boiler in one of my houses and within a week it was showing L-E fault code on the display screen so we took the cover off to discover it had a brand new PCB fitted by my apprentice a few days ago due to the same fault he is a 3 year apprentice with a good knowledge of the type of boiler and he did a straight forward PCB swap all on multi connectors.

When we went to look at it me decided to phone ideal and the lady on the end of the phone suggested to check the Gas Valve the Overheat Thermostat and the Diverter Valve we checked all of the above starting with the gas valve the most accessible part to test that was fine so we check the diverter and that was fine so we looked at the overheat stat and the stat itself was fine so then we looked at the wires for continuity and it turned out one of the wires had popped out of the multi-connector so all we did was push the cable back in and the boiler is now working fine and has been for the last few days.

SO FOR ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH IDEAL ISAR HE24 BOILERS OUT THERE CHECK THE CABLE HARNESS FOR FAULTS THE BOILER WHEN CLOSED IS A WARM TIGHT SPACE A CAUGHT CABLE THAT CHAFES AGAINST THE CASE OR THE HOT PARTS CAN CAUSE A PROBLEM STOP SPENDING MONEY ON EXPENSIVE PCB'S CHECK FOR OTHER THINGS FIRST

well what an interesting 1st post,
you went to look at a boiler today, that had only been in a week (ebay was it cause it couldn't have been new unless it's been in your garage for a few yrs), your apprentice had fitted a new pcb GSR is he ? & you didn't know he had, why didn't you get ideal out under warrentee or couldn't you ?, had to phone a lady at Ideal to work out what was wrong, & then you sign up here with the name of boilermann, an RGI are you ? :rolleyes:

Regardless of what he is he should not be advising DIYers like that!

He obviously has not read the forur rules before posting!

If he really is GSR the he should be posting in the CC part of the site!

I don't expect to see him ion there either because it all sounds like a made up story by Walter Mitty!

LOOK I TRIED TO HELP AND I GOT THE **** RIPPED OUT OF ME SO THATS THE END OF IT LOOK I HOPE YOU HAVE THEM FITTED AND THEY ****ING BLOW UP I DONT GIVE 2 ****S IF YOU REPORT ME TO THE FORUM (YES THATS HOW YOU SPELL IT) WHO CARES WE AS A FIRM THOUGHT WE HAD COME TO SOME SORT OF A CONCLUSION TO THE PCB'S GOING DOWN ALL THE TIME AND THOUGHT I WOULD SPREAD THAT KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER DUE TO YOU TWO KNOBS ****ING ON MY CHIPS I WONT BOTHER ANYMORE

END OFF YOU WONT SEE ME KNOW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back