Ideal Isar HE24 Code LE

Sponsored Links
Hi everybody. Firstly apologies for digging up an old post.

I too have an Ideal combi boiler an Isar 30. We've had the boiler since about 2007 with no problems at all. A record perhaps :) My problem is that a couple of days ago we realised that the boiler was not firing up for hot water. The LED display is showing an alternating L E fault code. The odd thing is that I can get the boiler firing up for a few seconds (3 to 4 at the most) then it goes off again to show the L E alternate fault code.

So, from this would I be correct to assume (And I know that it makes an ass out of u & me :) ) that the PCB has not gone (died)? Could this be the mysterious dodgy wiring fault that I have read about in this thread? I'd have thought that if something dies on the PCB then that's it, it would not be able to fire up even for those few seconds. Unless it was a bad capacitor which I know a lot about having been a computer technician before retirement...

Look forward to any ideas and help that you guys can offer :)

Thank you.

Kevan

Sponsored Links
Just to update my previous post. I got the front panel off the boiler just to see if there was anything obviously visible that was wrong. Nothing at first glance. So I pushed on the top connecter multi plug on the PCB. Tried the reset button and the boiler fired up lovely :) I then switched it off completely and pulled the plug off and put it back on again to make sure it was seated well (it seemed to be to start with but...). The boiler has been on for nearly an hour now in standby mode with no fault code showing.

Sadly, it looks as though the wireless Honeywell controller is duff though. It will not synch and does not respond to combination key presses to get into program mode....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back