Central Locking on 2004 Nissan Micra S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum has a 2004, 54 plate Micra 1.2 S with central locking. She went to it today to get it out of the garage but it didn't open with the key fob, so, assuming that the battery might be low she tried her spare fob. That didn't work either so now she has a car that she cannot get into, can't move and can't do anything at all with. Obviously she either has a flat battery or a fault with the central locking. The AA have recently been messing her about and have recently taken her complimentary Home Start off her although I don't know how they would be able to help anyway. Suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Apparently not, she says there is no key hole. I haven't been able to check that for myself though.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the links. The theory is good but unfortunately it doesn't work in this case. The car is parked in the garage, the passenger side is close to the wall to enable the driver more room to get in and out. We found someone small enough to get down the side and found where to put the key but unfortunately this does not even unlock the passenger door. We now have no way of getting into the car, the car is still locked and we can't even get the bonnet open to try and recharge the battery, assuming that is part of the problem in the first place of course. Short of getting a tow truck (expensive) to hoise it up and drag it out of the garage, which still would not enable us to get into the vehicle, I can't think of anything else. Unless someone out there knows different?

Did you get a resolution to this problem in the end please? I have exactly the same problem. The manual lock on the passenger door doesn't let me gain access. Does anyone know how I can get to the battery to remove it and charge it up?

Back