Gravel vs DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone can help.

Basically, I need to know whether I can put gravel up against the house up to the level of the damp proof course.

The majority of my back garden is at the same level as the damp proof course of the house. There's a small concrete patio up against the house which is lower than the rest of the garden - creates a concrete gully roughly 20cm deep and 1m wide.

I've got a toddler and am worried about him pegging it out of the door, tripping over the doorframe and smacking his head on the edge of the gully.

Cheapest solution I can come up with is filling the gully with 10mm pea gravel. My concern is that when I come to sell a surveyor will say the gravel breaches the DPC.

Anyone know how much of a gap (if any) you need to leave between gravel and a dpc?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Put a soft edge on the gully. Children are pretty resilient, what would injure you a child would bounce back from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back