Wardrobes and Storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so I'm looking to build or should I say try to build some sort of storage system. We have a baby on the way and my partner is far too busy with work and sorting out the bathroom and baby's room, I thought I would try and give him a helping hand with our bedroom.

We have the type of room with a sloping roof at either side so it is impossible to get a standard wardrobe and we cannot afford professionally fitted wardrobes. So I need something simple but effective to store all our clothes, shoes, etc. Am I really out of my depth here? Is there anything that anyone can suggest to help? I need some sort of organisation for when baby arrives in 2 and a half months.

Don't get me wrong never done DIY before, but I have watched both my dad (who is a joiner and my partner who is a a grea DIYer) If it's no good I suppose he could just pull it back down, but I'd love to do a great job, with little cost and impress him :O)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How much of the ceiling 'rake' encroaches into the room? Is it greater than say 600mm?

If you have 89" or so, once the ceiling is at full height then you could use the Stanley sliding door system.

First off you would build the frame work or carcassing that would contain things such as a clothes rail and maybe some shelves or boxes, all could be built from 18mm mdf or ply. Most of these shelves could happily sit on a 2" x 1" batten screwed to the wall.

Give it a lick of paint then erect the sliding door system to cover it all in. Easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back