dishwasher not filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Indesit D63 dishwasher not filling with water. No matter where the cycle selection knob is pointing to, it appears to be on the same part of the cycle. When we poured some water in, it was drained completely and we have checked the pipes for kinks and blockage with no success. The filter is clean and there is plenty salt in the machine and it is only 18 months old. any advice on what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

There's not a filter where the flexible hose connects to the water supply. I've disconnected the hose at the dishwasher end and checked that water flows through the hose OK.

There doesn't appear to be a removable filter where the hose connects to the dishwasher. Also when I disconnected the hose from the dishwasher, water that was in the dishwasher flowed out, suggesting that that end is not blocked either.

If I turn the selection dial while the dishwasher is on, the fuse for the downstairs socket ring trips, suggesting an electrical problem?

Sponsored Links
could well be (and its only an educated guess) :LOL:
the solenoid on the water valve
unplug it take a wire off insulate it
then run the m/c it wont fill but if it dont trip you know where to look :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back