replacing a Randall 4033 with a sunvic 207

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having touble wiring up a sunvic 207 to replace a Danfoss Randall 4033. The wiring diagram and table supplied with the sunvic 207 shows which wires should be taken from the 4033 and into which ports they should go on the sunvic 207 baseplate (which is basically why i bought this model - for ease of change!), but when i uncased the 4033 some of the ports where there should be connections do not have a wire connected into them!!
I have also looked at wiring instructions for the 4033 online but still confused.
The wiring in my 4033 has wires connected into: 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 (not in 5) which is supposed to be DHW OFF. 1 and 6 are simply linked together with a single core of live cable. 6(live) 7(N) and 8(Earth).
The 4033 wiring instructions are as follows:
1= DHW com
2= HTG ON
3= HTG OFF
4=DHW ON
5=DHW OFF
6= L
7=N
8=Earth
I hope this is enough for someone to give me some help!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
have you one of these
imagesug.jpg

or two of these
imapo.jpg

Sponsored Links
also got one pump in airing cupboard linked to the pipe with the motorised valve on it. The pump also has a pipe linking into the hotwater cylinder in the airing cupboard. Sorry i am a bit amature!

that don't make any sense.
pump with zone valve and pump also gos to hw cylinder

so you got pumped heating/hw but only one zone valve.

The heating has been in for the last 30 years. I think that the heating and the hot water can not be programmed to operate independently.
The pipe work is as follows:
cylinder
|
micobore manifold with pipe--- to--- motorised valve---|----pump---into roof

sorry if it sounds confusing!

not sure exactly as it goes into the large junction box. It should be the HTG OFF wire according to the 4033 wiring diagram

i know its htg off but you don't need it.
just wondered what it was connected to.

extra info: I am almost positive that the DHW can heat independently when operated by the switch on the 4033, but if the HTG is switched on the DHW also operates at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back