What is this ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I want a area of my garden to be virtually maintenance free.
I just had a landscaper to look at it and give a price etc. He talked about using chippings instead of hardcore and said after it was whacked down you can diesel it to make it set. I cant remember if he said tar chippings. Is this right ?

Sponsored Links
Yeah thats pretty much what i thought. Although If its only to support flagstones or something. For general usage, no extreme weight. Is it that bad ?
And he did offer to show me some local work he had done very similar to what i want doing.

Sponsored Links
I remember once being asked by a bco to remove all non-inert items from the hard core i was spreading about a driveway sub base. These items were specifically - bits of broken tarmac. :eek:

So this guy is talking sh1t ?
Funny thing is I locked the gate after he came in "out of habbit" and when he went he said "oh the gates locked" I said yeah its to stop them ****** robbing stuff out of my garden. lol

He then said "I should get some signs on my van cos i look like a ***** i just had it repainted" .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back