Footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have some questions if someone has the time please.

Iv just started a carport conversion on my house so i guess il be on here quite often from now.

1st few quetions i have.

Iv dug my footings 1m deep x 0.6m wide x 5.0m long. How much ballast shall i order? 3meters?

if so how many bags of cement shall i need?

On my project 3 of the walls are existing on my carport so my footings are just going across the front, but where iv met one of the existing walls to the carport the footing are only 12-18" deep, iv got building inspector coming out tommoz do you think im gonna have any problems regarding this.

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Iv dug my footings 1m deep x 0.6m wide x 5.0m long. How much ballast shall i order? 3meters?

if so how many bags of cement shall i need?
How thick do you intend the concrete to be?

where iv met one of the existing walls to the carport the footing are only 12-18" deep,many thanks in advance

You are saying that the footing bottom slopes up for 1m up to 300-450mm?

do you mean the foundation concrete is 12 -18" thick because that's pretty solid, a hope you don't mean that you want your concrete to be 1 metre deep??

Sponsored Links
I intend the footings to be 1m

At 1m thick, 5m long and 0.6m wide you will require 3 cubic metres of concrete.

If you intend to mix it yourself then buy 6 tonnes of ballast and 1 tonne of cement and mix it at 6:1.

Why are building control involved in a carport?

A carport is generally a thin plastic roof on a few poles. Why are you laying 1m deep footings? :eek:

Correct

I have a brick built 9" walled carport. It has 3 walls i just wanna add the front with a window in at the front of my house converting from a carport to a study/games room. Building control have stipulated 1m deep footings.

I dug 1.1m because i want to use a trench brick 215mm , Anyway building control came on friday loved the dig and was happy for me to pour which i did today.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back