Any ideas for my garden welcome

didn't see the side gate in the photo before, you can get a minidigger in there to save you the back breaking work is all I was thinking..

Sponsored Links
knock the back wall down to get a minidigger in and so that you can get to the skip on the street..

scrape it all back and ditch it all.. blank canvas to start from..

Good idea, wreak maximum destruction asap. Hmmm...

Or would you think it might be better to think on what you would like to have, and work towards it. You'll probably find your ideas change as you progress, so you would have the flexibility to adapt your design.

I'd deal with the existing concrete bits first, as the grass can look after itself. It might look untidy to some people, but there are certainly things living in it that are quite happy to be there.

I would start with the lawn because for not a great deal of time, money and work, you can turn something ugly into something beautiful quite easily. Good project for a beginner. When you stand back and look at it knowing you did it yourself its a good feeling. Gets you into it.

Sponsored Links
I would start with the lawn because for not a great deal of time, money and work, you can turn something ugly into something beautiful quite easily.

Its looks are a matter of opinion only. There is no absolute as to whether it is "ugly" or not. The fact remains there will be wildlife living in it now that is quite happy with the situation. There is not much lives in a neat lawn.

I would agree the first six feet could look more appealing. Removing the debris and the grass etc from that bit and planting something or turfing might be an improvement. I'd perhaps mow a wiggly/meandering (anything but straight). path down to the end and a small area down there. It doesnt look like a bad mix of grasses, and If you had to turn it into a lawn, mowing and raking off might be all that's needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back