Heating Switched Off But Radiators Hot!

ijc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Ideal condensing combi boiler, which has been faultless since bought a couple of years ago.

However, my radiators have started to get hot despite the heating being switched-off. This is especially noticeable when the hot water is running.

I know the pump is supposed to kick in of it's own accord, even if the heating is switched off, but it shouldn't be carrying hot water to the radiators!

All I can think to do is switch the system off for a night and hope for a miracle, but any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Sponsored Links
Do we assume it is an Isar, or perhaps a Mini?

The diverter valve has stuck in mid position and letting by to the heating circuit is the most likely cause.

Search on here, it has been covered many times ;)

Hi

Honest, I did search the FAQs and stuck a few key words in, but didn't find anything!

It's an Isar - something tells me you've been here before!

Common problem is it? Presumably not a DIY job...

Thanks for your response - much appreciated,

Ian

It's an Isar - something tells me you've been here before!

Unfortunately most of us on here have :cry:

When you run a hot tap and 'd' is displayed, feel the left hand pipe. If it gets warm/hot, then yes it's the DV.

You could just remove the head off the valve and try pushing the pin in a few times. It may just release it.

Otherwise it will need a new DV.

You may find someone local to do it, but as always I recommend Ideal in to do it on a fixed price repair. I can't replace one of these for the price they charge :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks again.

Your suggested symptoms are spot-on. I'll have a prod at the valve and cross my fingers. Failing that I'll give Ideal a call.

Cheers.

Ian

PS - hope you're an Everton fan!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back