broken step

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what substance or mix can i use to repair my broken concrete step, there is a 6"x3" gap/broken bit at my step which i need to repair
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I'm sure you can get small packs of high strength cement repair mix. Check out the diy stores.
The problem is making sure it stays stuck to the existing step. You could drill holes into the step, insert plastic plugs, then nail a galv nail into the plug with a bit sticking out. This will give your repair something to hang on to.

If the repair is not in a vulnerable position, i.e. on the edge of the tread, then a dollop of 6:1 concrete will do. Wet the repair area first.

Sponsored Links
cheers for the replies, as i go up the step there is a break on the level where the step meets the first slab so there will probably be a lot of traffic on that bit, will give it a go anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back