Vaillant EcoTec Pro F75 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need some help. My boiler last night started showing the F75 fault, and the pressure gage was at zero....the display read 0.4. I read the booklet and can see that I need to re-fill the boiler, but I can't seem to work out how to do it?
I have a pipe (which was labelled water something or other) with a tap on it, which I opened and it did nothing..... I assume I need to do something else...but what?
This boiler has been nothing but a nightmare since we got it 2 years ago, and I almost refuse to pay someone to fix it......I'd rather try and sort the thing myself....so if you have any words of advice to offer, I would be very grateful!
Thanks

Teresa

Sponsored Links
You have probably got another tap on the other end of your flexible filling loop. It may just be a slot to turn with a screwdriver.

Although F75 can be triggered by low pressure, but it is more indicative of a faulty pressure sensor, coupled possibly, by dirty system water.

Was it installed correctly, commissioned and had the system flushed properly? If not, this may be the background cause of the unstated problems you have had.

Looking in the book what they class as the filling loop we don't appear to have...our tap is situated on a copper pipe... I will try and re-fill the system tonight and see what happens.
I did turn the heating dial down about 3 days ago and then last night we had this problem....I don't suppose they would be related at all?
I assume the boiler was fitted correctly - but it seems that every 6 months or so something goes wrong with it. A pipe in side split, and we needed to replace a circuit board, and some kind of pump (I am not very technical when it comes to these things) And also it can be very loud at times too...is that an indication of anything also?
I am assuming I should try and re-fill the boiler and not just leave it and get an expert in?

The boiler being loud can be a symptom of low pressure in the system.

The pipe splitting is a well documented fault with this range of boilers as well.

The Ecotec Pro is a cut down budget version of the Ecotec Plus, but this shouldn't really affect its reliability.

The filling loop diagram in the book will be for the Ecotec Plus, this has this built in the boiler.

In normal circumstances there should be no need to call anyone in to top up the system/boiler.

Sponsored Links
if u have no pressure it will flash f.22. it could be the water pressure sensor like gas4you said. or ive come across faulty pumps on this model. if the boiler is in warranty then call vaillant but aslong as your installer flushed and added inhibitor then ure warranty will be ok as they take abit of water from the system and check it with litmus.

Hi, well last night I re-filled the bolier and all was great. There was defo an F75 fault code with no pressure. But as I say once I filled it back up it was fine. I've come home tonight and now I have the F75 code but the pressure is fine....now what? :(

Having read some of the messages on here, I thought i'd mention I have the dreaded orange pressure sensor too..... where can I get a nice new black one? Are they simple to fit? (I am a 27 year old girl-so i needs to be real simple)
Thanks

There is dirt in the water pressure sensor. It needs taking out and cleaning. A common fault on this model. Get yourself a gas engineer.

Yeah so I read...I assume this isn't something I can do myself?
I have no hot water at the moment....is there a quick fix I can use until I can get someone in?

A new pressure sensor is easy to fit.

Isolate boiler from system, drain boiler via ch isolating valve drain offs, remove wires, remove retaining clip, then replace new in reverse order.

There are so many faulty sensors out there it is unbelievable. Cleaning may help but it is usually the sensor at fault.

I called a man out and he seems to think the pump seal has been damaged... new pump £75 + 2.5 hours fitting... does that sound about right?
There was also water sitting the the boiler where the pump is when I opened it up last night.. So does that suggest it is the pump and not the dreaded pressure sensor? Just out of interest do you think I should get the pressure sensor changed too......??

There have also been a lot of pump failures due to internal seal problems.

I have had 3 go to date, but none of them have caused the F75 code.
2.5 hrs to change a pump :eek:

Even someone who doesn't have a clue about boilers will do it in less than an hour, a pro about 30 mins.

OMG...this is a bit of a nightmare.
Can you recommend me someone I can trust in my area. I have been so badly ripped off in the past with these things, I need someone I can trust... I am in Dunstable in Bedfordshire :(

There have also been a lot of pump failures due to internal seal problems.

I have had 3 go to date, but none of them have caused the F75 code.
2.5 hrs to change a pump :eek:

Even someone who doesn't have a clue about boilers will do it in less than an hour, a pro about 30 mins.

Do you think it could be a combo of the 2? IE: the sensor has messed up and somehow has made the seal go on the pump? There was water coming from the pump??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back