What experiance of 'tradesites' have you had?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just wondering if any of you guys have had experience of trade sites e.g.
rated people etc.

Sponsored Links
They all want your money and dont care if your the best or worst trademan.And a lot of the customers are timewasters

I definitely found that 'slated people' were expensive and the customers were hassle to get hold of or didn't get back to me. I just wondered if anyone has had a positive experience.

rip off parasites is my description of these leeches and the customers are nearly always a pain the arse from what i've been told by stupid engineers who have been sucked in.

Sponsored Links
true of some, thought checkatrade were ok, but most seem badly run and a rip off. It's just that advertising through yellow pages or the like is even worse and bl***y expensive, especially at the moment.

Whats the best way to drum up work?

i've had 2 job quotes of rated people at the cost of £30 one was for a extension seemed genuine and gave him a quote not heard from him yet but its only been a week the other job was a extension the guy didn't have planning permission or drawings so seemed a waist of my time and money.

rip off parasites is my description of these leeches and the customers are nearly always a pain the a**e from what i've been told by stupid engineers who have been sucked in.

i did learn that if you don't quote on a job email them with the job ref number and tell them what happened you get a free quote

weve just been accepted onto our local trading standards buy with confidence scheme. Its drummed up some business directly, but also seems to swing jobs when we quote with other people as well. Not all councils do it, but if its in your area, well worth doing

Sponsored Links
Back