hot water storage tanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any info would be grateful guys. i want to put a hot water storage tank above th sink in our factory, is it just a straight forward connection from the mains to the valve that is needed, is there any difference between vented and unvented ???

also when i am changing tap washers on the hot tap is it necessry to turn the heating off if i'm turinng the main stopcock off ??

thanks

Sponsored Links
i want to put a hot water storage tank above th sink in our factory,
what as in a copper cylinder.
is it just a straight forward connection from the mains to the valve
what valve ?

is there any difference between vented and unvented ???
vented useally gravity, unvented is useally at mains pressure and you need to be g3 unvented registered to fit or work on one.
also when i am changing tap washers on the hot tap is it necessry to turn the heating off if i'm turinng the main stopcock off ??
what on a combi system if your talking about shutting the stopcock ?
and no heating will be fine.

thanks forthe reply, basically i want to install an over the sink hetrae sadia water heater, there is a valve that comes out the bottom of the case one end is connected to the inside of the tanks so i assume i just connect the other end of the valve to the water main ???

and when working on taps or showers do i have to turn the boiler off if i m closing the main stopcock ???cheers

basically i want to install an over the sink hetrae sadia water heater

now you say.

there is a valve that comes out the bottom of the case one end is connected to the inside of the tanks so i assume i just connect the other end of the valve to the water main ???

well sort of but follow the instructions.
you may need a pressure reducing valve, and expanssion vessel etc.
and you need a pressure relief valve pipework
what model unit is it your fitting ?
and when working on taps or showers do i have to turn the boiler off if i m closing the main stopcock ???cheers

if its a combi boiler i useally just turn it off on the front panel.
saves any problems.

Sponsored Links
it's just an over the sink water heater that holds 7 litres of water, it's for doing the dishes etc, didn't think it was a complicated as pressure relief valves and pressure reducing valves etc ???
cheers

I now going out to fit the exact same one, heatrae express 7, 3KW.

Piece of pee to fit, you should have no problems ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back