Hotpoint WD420 1200 spin washing machine.... flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i stumbled across this forum whilst browsing google trying to find an answer to my problems and really hope somebody here could help me.

My washing machine, a Hotpoint WD420 1200 spin, is around 3 years old and when i try to do a wash, the machine appears to be running ok for the first minute but then after a couple of minutes the 'time saver' light flashes constantly at a very quick pace and the 'on/off' light flashes constantly at a slightly slower pace. The machine only partly fills with water (to bottom of the drum area) and the cycle doesnt start. Then after a few minutes the door unlocks itself and nothing has been done.

Although the machine is 3 years old it has not been used much in that time, maybe only once a month or so as i am a single guy and normally take my washing to my parents house, so im not so sure why it is playing up after such minimal use. what i did notice though is that the last few times i have used it, the tray were i put the fabric conditioner has been filling up with water in the actual dept were the conditioner goes, i am not sure if this is relevant but im just trying to provide as much info as possible !!

I would be really gratefull if anybody out there has any ideas on how i can fix this as i dont really want to pay £100 for a hotpoint engineer to call out

many thanks for reading

Conor

Sponsored Links
which number light is it 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 ,on the left. ignore the on/off light .

f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

f1 and f17 share the same light

PCB IS SHOT EXCHANGE PCB FROM HERE OR SCRAP IT http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php?action=category&id=1

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have similar problem only all the lights are flashing continuously and i can't even select any programs for washing.
Please help or advise what to do

Thank you

C17 cap blown on pcb cost about 20 pence from maplins or rs. Otherwise new pcb needed , plenty of posts on here about it.

Hi, i've got a Hotpoint WF540, lights 3 & 4 are continuously. I checked against the diagnostic table on the forum. What is a NTC fault? Could anyone advise please.

It's on the heater. Connected by 2 thin blue wires. But could also be a pcb fault.

Hi guys,
Have a problem :) who doesn't. .. Was messing with dryer ducting at the top of the washer dryer to replace a thermostat. However while waiting for a spare I put it back together and left out a couple ofscrews. Missus done a a few washes but the last one was something heavy and a bit of water made its way through the bottom of the seal and leaked right onto the PCB at the bottom in the back. Well she says it went bang. I took a look at it and where there is a connection coming from the door switch it is a bit smoked but not too much. Found a bit of water so that is obviously where it shorted. Now the washing machine won't lock the door to start any programme. Do you think the cuicuit has blown? There's no fuse etc. New one 60quid. Anyone good who would take this one and fix it or send fixed one out cheaper in exchange for this one to refurb? I cannot see anything burnt on the cuircuit. Have a feeling it the relay that shuts thw door that got it. Any ideas? Anything welcome :) Thanks a lot.

Only 2 company's refurb pcbs. Emw in Nottingham and Qer. That's your best chance.

Thanks mate. I reckon if the water got to the connection it blown something on the circuit hey? There's probably nothing else that it could be? Also do you think its worth even trying to refurb as a new one is 60 quid? Or pretty pointless. Just thinking these days nobody will even look at something fer less than 30 or 40 quid :) Ta

Try emw just send the board of and they return in 24 hrs. Go to website for cost etc.

I have a washer/dryer WD420 that is playing up today. On a normal wash, when drum starts to turn, the on/off light and the 'drying high heat' light flash continuously. The drum stops turning and the machine sounds as if it is heating up. I eventually managed to switch the machine off and removed the wet clothes. Any ideas or should I call an engineer?

You got error fo8. Heater relay on the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back