Novel way to find a plumber to fix a leak!

Sponsored Links
Very interesting. Out of interest, I used the link to see what plumbing jobs are available and what they are paying. With lots of companies offering training for plumbers, claiming that you can earn £40 - 50K this site shows otherwise. Examples of some current vacancies;

1) Time Served Plumber, Oldham £9 - 10 p.h. :eek: :eek:

2) Corgi Gas Engineer, E. London £20K

3) Plumber, High Wycombe £13.50 p.h.

There were plenty more like this. How does an experienced tradesman with all the right certs. survive on such low wages (especially in London!!)?

even all
i think the lowest i have seen was for a plumber.acs qualified at 6.00 ph in st helens
had a quick look tonight and it varies fron 8.00 to 14 ph
maybe its me and i appreciate everyone is different,but i have decided to go window cleaning for the summer,cant be bothered looking for the bigger jobs ,earning between 300.00/ 400.00 on the windows have picked up £130.00 this week in the small jobs that no one will touch
if i can keep it at that level i will be for the summer
bob(i dont do the corners)

Sponsored Links
£11.50 for experienced Pipe fitter/Industrial Plumber in Eastbourne :eek: That`s about 3 pints of lager. I was doing small jobs on the side as a final year apprentice ( 1974) near E`bourne for 4 pints an hour :eek: :eek: WTF is going on . Where has all the North Sea Oil £ gone . ;)

£11.50 for experienced Pipe fitter/Industrial Plumber in Eastbourne :eek: That`s about 3 pints of lager. I was doing small jobs on the side as a final year apprentice ( 1974) near E`bourne for 4 pints an hour :eek: :eek: WTF is going on . Where has all the North Sea Oil £ gone . ;)

north sea oil revenue was squandered by Thatchers Conservative governement to pay for all the benefits to the displaced miners. Some way to break the unions eh!

I have been browsing that site daily since Jan, its pathetic how they expect someone who is trained, qualified & experienced to work for crappy little wages.

What do you expect after 12 years of a labour government, filled with the most useless corrupt specimens ever?

Labour brought the country to its knees in the 70s, but the Conservatives (yes, I know they're far from perfect) get all the stick for taking tough choices to get the country back on its feet. The same will happen again. The Tories will win the next election, and will not only have to contend with an economy and public finances that are in ruins, but somehow extricate ourselves from the Blair/Bush disasters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yes, Maggie bashing is a popular sport, but we are going to need someone with balls like hers to sort things out. Maggie or Blair/Brown/Mandelson/Kinnock. Hmm, tough choice! :D

Jobcentre :rolleyes:
Not worth looking at other than to qualify for dole money. Jobads are as useless as the applicants they send you.

i just love the fact that your guaging your work on pints per hour! :LOL: :LOL:

He is a sensible man, what else do you rate your worth on? Nobody knows or cares the price of potatoes, grapefruit, or any other saleable items that may upset this applecart. I personally am on about 3 pints an hour now, after frikken vat, tax, NI, and then the beer tax as well!

Sponsored Links
Back