Potterton Suprima 30 cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We moved into a new home in 2003 which was fitted with a potterton suprima 30 boiler. We have had no trouble with the unit until now, yesterday it decided to repeatedly cut out.

press heating button, green light flashes quicky and lights the boiler. Heating remains on for about 2 minutes and then the boiler cuts out and produces a slow flashing green light and a steady red light.

Standby and their is a constant red light.

Can anyone help us?

Kind Regards
Steve.

Sponsored Links
Start it with a cold system and let it run for one minute.

Then feel the flow and return pipes and measure or estimate the temperature of each and tell us.

Tony

Sponsored Links
well there has been some issues with flow because it has been making some strange noises, rumbling and banging now and then. I have just used the manual setting and pressed the heating and hot water buttons and it's currently lit. the boiler itself has been lit now for approx 5mins, not sure for how much longer?

Are these flow thermistors expensive?
I do have the manufacturers manual for the boiler at hand.

update 17:42: boiler still lit, but cuts out for 30seconds or so and relights?
also i'm forever having to bleed air out of the radiators because they are only hot up to half way, the master bedroom is only luke warm. All radiators down stairs are red hot, upstairs are warm.

Could this have any bearing on this post?

Regards
Steve ;)

sounds like air is getting into the system constantly thrn and causing a flowproblem - are all union connections (at rad valvaes and at the boiler) fully tight? Nothing been loosened/changed recently?

sounds like air is getting into the system constantly thrn and causing a flowproblem - are all union connections (at rad valvaes and at the boiler) fully tight? Nothing been loosened/changed recently?

Thanks for the reply!
well when i bleed the radiators, i made 100% sure they were tight again, i have'nt touched the boiler itself.
It's no longer willing to turn on, back to square one.

Thermistor??

Thanks again

Regards
Steve.

Start it with a cold system and let it run for one minute.

Then feel the flow and return pipes and measure or estimate the temperature of each and tell us.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back