Keep Being asked to sign off other peoples installs !

Sponsored Links
Because there's a recession on, money is tight, but people still need hot water and c.h.

A few years ago, there was a shortage of plumbers and engineers in many areas. This meant that they were swanning about, picking and choosing jobs, making the customer feel grateful that they had bothered to turn up and charging as if they were doctors or M.P.s.

To some extent the shoe is on the other foot now. Jerzy and his mateskis from Warsaw plus colleges turning out lots of plastic plumbers means that things are different in the industry.

If you put the recession and the oversupply of semi-trained plumbers/engineers together, you get a situation where customers are tempted to go for cheap jobs. The Polish and new plumbers fulfill this need.

Myself, I have been in the industry for years, never been CORGI, but get my installs signed off by someone who is CORGI but seems to know less than me! Never had a problem.

I'm afraid that many gas engineers have, to some degree, bought this situation on themselves.

I now expect to be hit by a massive wave of condemnation, as they seek to justify themselves. As usual I will let it wash right over me. C'est la vie!

There was a shortage because colleges didn't has the resources at the time to train, when I went through college I ended up supplying my own materials. Also companies would poach skilled tradesmen rather than run apprenticeships.

Get registered, no excuse. If your competent, then whats stopping you?????

Sponsored Links
I agree with what you're saying.

I only fit 3 or 4 boilers a month. Having a Corgi mate actually saves me time and money and a lot of aggro.

If I was doing 3 or 4 boilers a week, then yes I would go through the process. At present, I'm happy, the Corgi engineer is happy and it doesn't ever cause any problems or constitute any risk to anyone.

You'd be surprised how many are doing what I do.

I agree with what you're saying.

I only fit 3 or 4 boilers a month. Having a Corgi mate actually saves me time and money and a lot of aggro.

If I was doing 3 or 4 boilers a week, then yes I would go through the process. At present, I'm happy, the Corgi engineer is happy and it doesn't ever cause any problems or constitute any risk to anyone.

its not right though is it? How about me doing a few consultations with the public masquerading as a doctor as long as I only do 3 or 4 a month? No point me going to medical school is there as I don't do it every day.

Basically you are a fraud and conman.

Because there's a recession on, money is tight, but people still need hot water and c.h.

A few years ago, there was a shortage of plumbers and engineers in many areas. This meant that they were swanning about, picking and choosing jobs, making the customer feel grateful that they had bothered to turn up and charging as if they were doctors or M.P.s.

To some extent the shoe is on the other foot now. Jerzy and his mateskis from Warsaw plus colleges turning out lots of plastic plumbers means that things are different in the industry.

If you put the recession and the oversupply of semi-trained plumbers/engineers together, you get a situation where customers are tempted to go for cheap jobs. The Polish and new plumbers fulfill this need.

Myself, I have been in the industry for years, never been CORGI, but get my installs signed off by someone who is CORGI but seems to know less than me! Never had a problem.

I'm afraid that many gas engineers have, to some degree, bought this situation on themselves.

I now expect to be hit by a massive wave of condemnation, as they seek to justify themselves. As usual I will let it wash right over me. C'est la vie!

so for years you have been breaking the law by getting people who "know less than you" to certify your work. Surely if you know so much you can pass the tests and be legal or are you just a fraudster and a charlatan?

as they seek to justify themselves

Well that would be hard wouldn't it - Let me think, oh yes. Because I bothered to get registered I'm working legally.

you'd be surprised how many paedo's are in your town, doesn't make it right does it?

by the way "cashjob" do you even pay income tax, national insurance etc or are you also claiming the dole? sounds like you're just a parasite.

And finally, would your public liability pay out if you are working on something you're not 'legally' competent to do? You know what insurance companies are like!

Wouldn't have thought so and even if he had I'm sure it would be null and void when they discovered he wasn't gas registered!

you'd be surprised how many paedo's are in your town, doesn't make it right does it?

by the way "cashjob" do you even pay income tax, national insurance etc or are you also claiming the dole? sounds like you're just a parasite.

Our lords and masters, you know, the ones who make the laws that they want us mugs to stick to, ie MPs, have been lying, cheating and stealing for years. How many of them have been or will be prosecuted?

The blokes only fitting a few boilers under the guidance of a Corgi engineer FFS! Goes on all the time. Get real. As long as the boiler has been inspected, tested and commissioned by the Corgi before its fired up, then its as good as if he fitted it himself.

If the powers that be bend or break the rules, they can hardly be surprised when others do.

Sponsored Links
Back