Retaining wall / shuttering for concrete slab ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello good people of diynot,

I plan on laying a concrete base, 6.2m x 3.2m, 100mm hardcore and 150mm concrete. The area used to slope down to one side however i have now leveled it all to the same level as the low side. so, 3 sides are dug into the ground and have banking to place the hardcore into. The 4th side, the original low side has nothing and if i just put hardcore down there is nothing to stop it spilling out and heading towards the neighbours fence. The soil seems to be solid even on the un-dug side which is well compacted (could only drive 50mmx50mm timber about 50mm along this area) and i would like to start at this level as the finished surface will be around the same level as the driveway.

Does this mean i will need some kind of permanent shuttering ie retaining wall perhaps only 1-2 course high on that side to hold the hardcore?

If this is the case, what size foundations do I need for this little wall ?

Thanks for any help

Pippo

Sponsored Links
pippo it only needs to be 100mm deep,it wont be a matter of sinking more of a case getting a nice base to lay your two course of bricks :)

Arrange the shuttering so that the concrete is allowed to flow down the sides forming a crude concrete wall. Face it up later if needs be.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back