*SOLVED* Biasi compact 28s CH failing rapid flashing light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have the Biasi compact 28s when you switch CH on the boiler fires up for a few seconds then it pops off and displays a rapid flashing light. It does this some times for up to 12 hours repeating the problem every 5 minutes. Also when the CH is off via the timer the boiler just fires up for no reason for up to a minute then switches off. It does the second problem every five minutes for up to 3 hours some times.

I have had 2 plumbers look at it but they both said they don't know what the problem is? One said to change the valve that switches between hw and ch the other said he wants to remove and clean the heat exchanger but it might not be that?

Can any one help or should I just call Biasi?

Sponsored Links
thanks kevin sorry for just getting back! ...

Yes Just call biasi!

Rang them after having several quotes from different plumbers ranging from 150 -£300 and they said to try changing the thermistors first.

They also said the values of the thermistor were online (biasi website) so i got out my multimeter (simple ohm meter would of done) and yes it was way out of the operation range. Out of 3 plumbers not one of them tested it and it took less than 60 seconds to check. Mind you they make more money changing all the other bits first!

Went on ebay got 2 for 6.50 each (boiler has one for hw and one for ch)

(part number: bi1001117) x2

changed one of them, the ch one and its cured only cost me 6.50 and had to drain the system to change it.

thats it done

cheers
ewire

Sponsored Links
I am not sure why Kevin thinks I am the resident expert particularly on Biasi boilers. I like to think that I can manage most common models.

Unfortunately, you seem to have called people who have come round and been unable to diagnose very simple faults.

Of course I dont know where you found them. If down the pub then perhaps its not surprising?

We would have charged £102 for the repair including a service.

Anyway now its fixed but probably still waiting for the service!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back