Shower switch light on - constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I thought I had a nice little job for a sunday morning. Replacing the shower switch for a new one. The old one was old and grubby.

Bought a new 45A one from B&Q.

Similar connections in the back 2L and 2N plus 2 earths, basically the same as the old one.

Connected no problem but when I turned the power on the light is now on regardless of whether the switch is on or off.

The switch does work properly after testing the shower.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have your power in and power out connections the wrong way round.

Check your connections again and ensure that the feed goes to in or supply and you cable to the shower goes to out or load.

Sponsored Links
Cant remember the brand may have been MK but the connections to the neon could be changed so it either showed it had a supply(dont know why they bothered with this really) or the conventional config of neon is only on when the switch is in the on position.

Would that be the same as wiring the incomming and out going the other way?

This is possible with all double pole shower pull switches?

No because you change the wiring to the neon not have your switch wired backwards...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back