Hotpoint Washing Machine WD420 - Flashing Error Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our WD420 has just suddenly started playing up and now refuses to play. Whenever we switch it on I get the RINSE HOLD (#3) and TIME SAVER (#4) lights slowly flashing whilst the ON/OFF light flashes rapidly.

When I close the door it immediately tries to fill the drum but also drains it at the same time! :confused:

From the useful info on this board and specificially rock1's post on the Hotpoint error codes (//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=163622) unfortunately I still can`t find what might be up when LED's 3 and 4 are flashing.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

Hotpoint Aquarius WD420 Washing Machine

Sponsored Links
3 and 4 mean error fo3 , pcb fault .only route to go down is call hotpoint cost you 100.00 parts and labour or if you good to change a pcb over a ex one from emw .cost about 40 quid

Sorry for the late reply rocks1 but I`ve been away.

Thanks for the rapid response - I`m a tenant and was just wanting to check if there was anything I could do before informing the landlord. While I fancy changing the PCB myself if it was mine, I guess this is why I`m paying renting.

Thanks again.

Tom

Sponsored Links
Just in case anyone has this problem in future...

Hotpoint engineer came out - PCB was fine, he replaced the thermister for good measure and refitted the heater NTC connection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back