all views accepted

Sponsored Links
hi everyone
can any one recommend a gas training course/centre,in the nort west
i have looked at two,hybrid in lpool and reactfast in manchester
any one used them or know any one who as used them
all views accepted

reactfast got one in manchester now ?

I wouldn't bother, new entrants are ten a penny and there's just not the work out there.

training centers will tell you otherwise but they want your cash!

there just isn't the work to make the overhead and beuarocracy worth it. Coupled with the consequences of working illegally inadequate. No insentive.

Plumbing not any work either.

Not saying anything else worthwhile but plumbinmg and gas work is definately not.

It's different for those of us left with the overhead. Wouldn't take them on from fresh with what i experience now.

Of course DMouse and I have found a way of making sufficient we have adapted to the changes in the last 7 years. I am not exactly chuffed with how I have to manage the situation (economy on verge of collapse) but it works. There are many many others who have hunger in their eyes. Really skilled great guys and medium sized businesses with 5 or more highly capable employees in my small town alone on verge of bankruptcy.

Join that gang if you want. you've had your warning.

Sponsored Links
Hybrid,Liverpool mate//They have excellent facilities//I do all of my courses there//Good Luck// :D

hi josh
i have spoken to hybrid they seem ok
the one part that worries me is do they put you in touch with a gas engineer to do the portfolio and work experience or do you sought this out yourself
how have you found getting work etc
many thanks bob

thanks everyone
the reason i asked about the gas course is because im unsure wether to do the gas or do a 4 week tiling course
i have come back into self employment and as a plumber who loves doing bathrooms i am leaning towards the idea of the tiling course to provide a complete service and therfore get the cost down also would allow me to doing tiling jobs seperate from plumbing but do realize that the gas cert carries more weight to it at £2000-£3000 for either course its a choice i need to get right
bob

Hybrid are sound//they take a lot of ex-servicemen in and train them in gas,electrical or plumbing//If you do go there they'll find a gas engineer for you to work with and compile your portfolio//Workwise I find myself busy//it's competitive don't get me wrong,but if you put your mind to it and become good at your job you'll be o.k.//What I would advise is once you have done your domestic ACS give it eighteen months or so and fire straight in for your commercial certs//All the best// :D

HTS are a very professional outfit do all my training there. The facilities are excellent and kenny and shaun who run the place are superb instructors.

They will not cheat you through..they do the acs modules properly
they have a good rep in the industry and I have had some of there lads to do portfolio work...gets my thumbs up

do the tilng course, i went that route and am doing full bathrooms now so most jobs i do im doing the whole sherbang and im guarenteed about 3 weeks work at a time rather than a few hours a day as a plumber.

you might think about a weeks plastering course, you dont have to be too good at it so long as its "acceptable" or making good a wall to be tiled

do the tilng course, i went that route and am doing full bathrooms now so most jobs i do im doing the whole sherbang and im guarenteed about 3 weeks work at a time rather than a few hours a day as a plumber.

you might think about a weeks plastering course, you dont have to be too good at it so long as its "acceptable" or making good a wall to be tiled

SuperP i cant beleive the plasters & tilers have not been all over you like a rash for this statement :LOL: plastering is a skill i just cannot master, and to say it only needs to be good enough to tile will crack the tilers up, as the wall is the main thing for them, if it is crap then it maker their job 10 times harder

Sponsored Links
Back