Baxi wireless programmable room thermostat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,can anyone help me please.i have fitted a baxi/potterton wireless room stat/programmer on a new potterton boiler.i think it is faulty as the programer/stat doesn't pair with the receiver. it has been wired correctly and have tried recommisioning it,in fact i have tried everything including changing batteries.i have heard that baxi have had a problem with these,is there any truth in this ? i look forward to hearing any sggestions.kind regards.craig (craigkipper)

Sponsored Links
Yes there has been issues. They are made by Grasslin and are used by several manufacturers.

I'm currently using the Salus after suffering communication issues with some makes. The Salus RT500RF seems to have excellent range (60m) and has been trouble free so far. Plus they're very reasonably priced.

Mate uses them and he has had about half a dozen not work, not that cheap either.
Honeywell 921/927 are far better and are avialable for around £80 plus vat

Sponsored Links
been using the salus rf prog room stat for 18 months, not one problem.
get them from ultimate £60

grahams the plumbers merchant sells a rebranded salus as their own make they call it "altech" and they punt it for £48 inc vat, out of the 10 i have bought from them 6 have went back, totally f*cked.

buy the salus not the altech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back