Cold Rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 cold rads after turning on the system. The 2 problem rads only have flow through 1 pipe. The other side is blocked. All rads have been de-sludged and Fernox added to the system for 6 weeks and still no joy. Can I force flush or back flush the system to remove the blockage or is it serious. :)

Sponsored Links
Try turning all rads off except problem ones to see if pressure is enough to get flow into them.
If not you will have to find out where the blockage and deal with it.
Could mean you have to disconnect pipe from rad and allowing the flow to go into a bucket.
If you find that you have a lot of sludge you will need to consider a powerflush or add chemicals to the system to clean.
Post back if no joy. :)

Thanks 4 tip. I will turning others off to pressure system. Hope 2 be warm soon.

Both valves are open and you have bled the rads yes?.
I always assume this is the case :oops:

Sponsored Links
Yes, all rads are open and well bleed. :) One gets luke warm on the inlet pipe is almost hot however disconnecting the pipe I only get less than half a bore flow. Must be blocked! The other on is freezing and I have no flow from 1 pipe at all. Any idea how much a pressure flush will cost. Might have to get the pro's in. Do you think you could do it with a hose from the cold tap at mains pressure and flush pipe back up to the manifold.

You might end up blowing **** into your boiler, not really a diy idea.
I would remove one of problem rads with the valve still attached to the pipework and opening it up into a bucket. May be enough to push sludge thru. A magnet run along your pipework will tell you if there is any magnetite present.
Might be better to seek a plumber it all else fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back