garage build help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Would this diagram be applicable? (9x6 garage)

I had problems digging the footings deep enough, awkward :mad:

No good?

Sponsored Links
the footing is not to keep the block upright, it's to take the weight which the 45's won't do..

grin and bear it, get a jcb out and dig the footing properly..

and there seems to be a lack of hardcore beneath your slab.

Damn it.

Is there any other way around it? Have already poured in a 1-2" footing. The ground is solid by the way.

jcb is not an option

Sponsored Links
Cheers for advice.;

Yes, sorry it was inches. It was more liike 4" though. :oops:

Nevermind now. I got cracking this afternoon, dug it out again, now its between 12-16" deep and about 12" wide. :D

-----help

I have another problem, I need to break up an old 100mm concrete base. Would it be easier to sledge hammer it or use a 50mm disc grinder, slice it in pieces and then sledge hammer it after that. Seems to be solid, not sure if the hammer alone would do the job?

Any help please

alastairreid, thanks for the suggestion.

the base is only 6 x 4, I fiquired a manual approach would be effective.

tommy walsh managed ok with a long pry bar and a sledge hammed..

levered a corner up , stuck something under it at a point, and hit the non supported and.. cracked up quite easily..

he is a big boy though :LOL: im 1/2 the weight of him :confused: dont think i would be able to lever it up

im thinking car jack, a few bricks and a sledge called phil :LOL:

i reckon a disc cutter would be able to weaken it (like a dairy milk) then just hammer it off, would it work ?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back