drilling big hole through wall (core)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

i am fitting a flatscreen in the lounge and am mounting it on the chimney breast. The chimney is capped and the fireplace is now empty so my plan is to run the wires up the chimney and through a large hole behind the screen so that they are invisible

i assume i need one of those core drill bits - screwfix seems to have them for a lot of money but ebay looks cheap cheap

can someone help me out with what type of bit i might need - it will be going into a normal hammer drill

Gaz

Sponsored Links
you can get the proper sds drill and core from your local hire shop for relatively cheap.

You might not have a clear space straight down. The flue is likely to have kink in it so you might drill into solid brick in the centre. Just a thought.
As you've not got a core drill, I wouldn't bother, Just stitch drill and chisel.

Sponsored Links
You might not have a clear space straight down. The flue is likely to have kink in it so you might drill into solid brick in the centre. Just a thought.
As you've not got a core drill, I wouldn't bother, Just stitch drill and chisel.

Thats what I would be doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back