Number of screws in door lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have got a door lining kit and was going to fix it to the wall opening with these fixings:

Link to B&Q

I thought I would use up all 16 fixings. 8 on each side. A pair of fixings in four places on one side. Now the problem is that I think the wall is too thin. It's 8.5cm and this includes 1cm of old plaster (rendering layer) on each side so there's only 6.5cm of real concrete.

Isn't the wall too thin to put two fixings on one level one next to each other?

What should I do? Shall I simply put fixings in one line vertically and maybe use fewer of them as well. Would 4 fixings on each side in vertical line would be sufficient?

Sponsored Links
I don't know, but i think i would be looking to use a maximum of 3 each side, provided they all take properly i don't think any more will be beneficial.

We use four or five fixings each side. Stagger them so that you have some each side.

If the lining needs more i.e. it's twisted or warped, then use more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back