Thermostatic Mixer Shower on a Vokera Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Vokera Excel 80 combi (not through choice, inherited when I got the house a few years ago). I want to replace my 7kw electric shower with a Thermostatic Shower mixer. I know the Excel 80 is a low capacity boiler but can anyone recommend a mixer that will work fine with this boiler?

Looking to keep costs low :(
Will the Mira Coda work? or is there something better.

Sponsored Links
the world is your lobster my friend,

just make sure whatever mixer shower you choose is
suitable for high pressure

Is water pressure an issue? I've had a plumber round, he checked the tap and recommended keeping with the electric.. (boiler is about 10years old).

Any way to check water pressure myself to see if it's upto the job.

Sponsored Links
And what is wrong with having an Excel 80?

Spoke to a couple of people including a plumber and all I've heard is ... "Vokera Excel.... stick to your electric shower".

Can anyone recommend a good thermo shower mixer to use with this combi boiler?

Is the Mira Coda any good? Anyone got one..?

so your plumber told you to stick to your elec shower.......

so why are you on here asking about a thermostatic shower?

as DP has asked you wots wrong with your excell?

don`t think you are very confident about a thermostatic shower and are looking for someone to say "get this make or this make"

re my first reply its, up to you my friend have a look at screwfix,toolstation etc etc

if your excell plays up etc and you have poor hw and the guy cant be bothered/doesnt know how to fix it then yes stick with electric

so your plumber told you to stick to your elec shower.......

so why are you on here asking about a thermostatic shower?

as DP has asked you wots wrong with your excell?

don`t think you are very confident about a thermostatic shower and are looking for someone to say "get this make or this make"

re my first reply its, up to you my friend have a look at screwfix,toolstation etc etc

Had no confidense in what the plumber was saying, he strolled in and looked at it as if he really couldn't be bothered to do the job.

Only had 1 repeat issue with the Vokera in the last 7years and that was fixed with no issues. So based on my personal experience the boiler is working fine ands seems reliable.

I prefer the idea of the thermostatic shower with a budget of approx £100-£120 but havn't really a clue on whats good and whats not... as always you post on these forums to draw on the experience of other... wether it be installing or using the item in question. This info can sometime help in making the final decision.

Can anyone recommend a good Thermostatic Mixer Hower?

go to grahams and you can buy a Alterna, Naro thermostatic bar type mixer for about £75 + vat

They got a ok range for under £100

there you go Devastator can second that recommendation

also Mira are very reliable,but not sure if its in your budget

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back