Core Drill Recommendation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Starting to pick up a little work here and there, so i am in need of a decent quality core drill and bits. Heard some good reports on the sparky line, any comments on this or any other recommendations ?.

Sponsored Links
hilti are the rolls royce, makita are more mercedes benz.

you get what you pay for.

The most important thing to buy is a decent blade rather than a decent drill.

I use my old corded SDS drill with mine, and it works fine :)

I bought the sparky core drill from screwfix a couple of months ago. i've only used it about a dozen times or so, it seems pretty good so far, and pretty solid too. No box tho.

Sponsored Links
they look horrible. Bits of debris get snagged in the slot.

Very few people realise the slot is an incumberance and totally unnecesary.

Not used Sparky stuff so can't comment on that, but I'm a big fan of Marcrist gear, the core drill bits are excellent. Have heard good things about their own brand drill as well although I've never used one...got a TEN year warranty with it though so it must be reasonably good. The core drill bits come with guarantees as well...this is a small set but gives good info

http://www.protilertools.co.uk/hole...rist-DDM2-CCU850X-Diamond-Core-Drill-Set-240v

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back