Antique blown wallpaper source

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have some lovely old pressed / blown patterned wallpaper which is on the ceiling above my stairs - but similar to stuff below the dado rail -
it is damaged and I need to replace about 3/4 metres . Where can I find a range of old wallpapers so maybe I can match it ? It is an impressive pattern and will be hard to patch unless someone knows where I may find it ??? All help appreciated

Sponsored Links
How long has it been on? did you put it on or was it on when you moved into the house. A lot of older houses were papered with Lincrusta, heavily embossed paper made with putty. A lot of the patterns have been discontinued now but Crown still do some.

am guessing it is 40 years old . well before my time! Don't think it is made with putty, is just paper. will check crown range thanks.

Anaglypta :?: that was around 40 years ago. There is an Hotel in Eastbourne with a corridor dado of Lincrusta or similar. With Swastikas all along it :eek: embossed in the paper. Obviously before 1939 then ;)

Sponsored Links
Could be Anaglypta, or the thicker one supaglypta, these are also made by crown.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back