firefox 3.5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is anyone else getting the same probs i am? it works perfect apart from the bookmarks, im always losing them, its a right royal pain in the A*s to be honest.

Sponsored Links
The latest version of Firefox 3.5 was only released yesterday, you may possibly have one of the earlier Release Candidate versions.
If you have not yet downloaded the last issue, you can get it from Firefox 3.5

Not sure if Xmarks works with the latest version yet but try it from:
http://download.xmarks.com/download
This automatically synchronises your bookmarks with web storage, so if you have any troubles and lose your bookmarks in your browser, it will replace them.

If you still have problems with the 3.5 version, revert back to Firefox 3.0.11
And try the new version in a couple of weeks time to see if they have fixed any teething problems.

Jefoss,

I have just tried the v3.5 and XMarks works in it but some of my other addons don't yet work so I have uninstalled it and reverted back to v3.0.11 which does the job just fine.

dave

Sponsored Links
with the 3.5 that i have (not the brand spanky new one) had it a cpl weeks now, had to upgrade the 3.01 ish version i had was playing up rotton, this one is tip to all the extras i have work perfectly expect the bookmarks, il try the latest one and report back, one thing is diynot has gone! (not sure if thats a blessing or not lol)

:cool:

Revert back to Firefox 3.0.11, link in my other post.
Download and save the .exe file to your desktop ready to install after removing the v3.5. Saves you having to use IE to get the download.

g4y,
It worked when I installed it but it was just that some of the earlier versions addons don't work on it yet so will have to wait for them being updated.
It's not the Firefox that was at fault, just that so many different people write different addons that it can take some time for them to update their individual programs.
Just no idea what was wrong with the Bookmarks on jefoss's computer.

dave

is anyone else getting the same probs i am? it works perfect apart from the bookmarks, im always losing them, its a right royal pain in the A*s to be honest.
It might be a damaged bookmarks file (called 'places.sqlite'). If so, the cure is to close Firefox and delete this and a couple of other files. Firefox will build new ones the next time it is started.

Firefox keeps a number of back-up copies the bookmarks under the .json file extension in a folder called bookmarkbackups, which is located in the Profiles folder. The latest one of these should be automatically imported in the new 'places.sqlite' file as Firefox starts up. There still might be a few bookmarks missing but if the cure has worked, they should be remembered the next time you go to the sites and save the addresses.

Further reading here. Best to read the complete section under the heading: 'Damaged Places database'.

I've downloaded it, so much faster than the old version/IE however all works well except on DIYnot when you select text to highlight in bold or italics, then it just sticks one of these: or one of these: right at the end of the post!

I've downloaded it, so much faster than the old version/IE however all works well except on DIYnot when you select text to highlight in bold or italics, then it just sticks one of these: or one of these: right at the end of the post!

If you are adding bold or italics via the menu buttons on here, it is normal for the
or to be added automatically by the php software.

Nothing to do with firefox.

Sponsored Links
Back