adverts and promoting own business?

don't like the noise
Have Moben, Everest, and KD given their permission for your use of their logos?
Is it a good idea to link yourself with MFI?
The area you say you work in sounds unfeasibly large unless you have several local offices and workshops (which I doubt)
You have a CORGI :rolleyes: and a NICEIC logo. Are you actually members or is that a fraud? I wouldn't trust you an inch.

I did say i am redoing the whole site as this website was done over 4 years ago

Yes your allowed to use the moben, etc if you work for them, but you have to ask Head Office if you can.

You dont need to be large to work for them. As long you got the skill then anything can be done.

MFI was one of our contracts hence why still on there as the website is old
I never had a complaint until the delivery issues started happening when they were going down

I am NICEIC and Corgi site now gas safe, we are on there
I wouldnt be puting it on there if i wasn't. Like your allowed to have your own cert's made with the logos on and like your allowed to use the logos on the vans. Also most company want you to be niceic or gas safe in order to fit for them

If you plan to redo you website keep in mind the biggest mistake most websites have: they all talk about themselves instead of the customer.
We this, we that, we such and so. We've been in business xxxx year.

Well, honestly: NOBODY CARES! All your webvisitors want to see/read is WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR THEM.
will take this into account

Sponsored Links
are you part P registered? NICEIC doesn't necisarily mean you are.. and if you are you should put that on the site..

Tips:

- Music - get rid of it. you're trying to bring in customers, not cool kids.

- Why the hell aren't you showing a picture on your front page. Some people may go on it and think it's a graphic design portfolio from the layout.

- Get rid of the flash. it doesn't rank well in google.

- Use title, h1, h2 tags. Clear, bold headlines. Use pictures. just get a good site which isn't too up it's own arse like yours is at the moment.

- Have a bring section to advertise any special offers kinda thing, or even that you offer a 5 year guarantee or something.

- if you don't offer a guarantee, offer one.

http://www.conservatoryoutlet.co.uk

I think our site is pretty simple, but nice and full on content.

http://www.conservatoryoutlet.co.uk

I think our site is pretty simple, but nice and full on content.
Mind if I suggest something to you? Your strapline at the bottom should be on or just below your banner.
You've got a blog too - good. You should invite visitors (or make them more aware) to leave comments and show recent comments in the side bar, see here for example (scroll down, recent comments in lefthand bar).
Also, have you thought about autoresponders? i.e. email marketing messages in a sequence? Add a webform on your site (and blog) and start the conversation with those truly interested. Works absolutely great for our small business (Note: not spamming, works on double opt-in principle)

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the response. I'll look in to the strap line :)

We're working on an integrated "ask an expert" section as a widget sorta thing on the home page, which will be a live feed where someone can ask a question - with my moderation to make sure no spam comes through, etc.
This would be similar the recent comments section.

Also thinking of adding a section "About You", instead of about us. Which will allow people to write who they are, what they ordered/looking to order - one thing we're slightly worried about with this is that someone will come on, say they want double glazing, and competitors come on and offer them a cheap deal or something. So we're not too sure about that.

Conservatory Outlet is actually like the main site, and we have 8 dealer sites across the uk too - http://www.westyorkshirewindows.co.uk for an example. all of these have a blog too.

I'll talk to our website guy about an autoresponder :)

thanks for the advice.

Back