Worcester Bosch Digistat transmitter issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i Junior combi boiler with a DC10RF Digistat Optimiser wireless transmitter/receiver.

My problem is that the display on the Digistat transmitter, which normally monitors the room temperature and sends this information to the receiver on the combi boiler, has gone blank. I've tried replacing the batteries in the transmitter, but this had had no effect.

Does anyone know what would cause the display to fail like this, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've tried replacing the batteries in the transmitter, but this had had no effect.
Did you replace the batteries in the correct order - it's explained in the user manual?

If the unit is still under guarantee, you can get it changed for free; otherwise you will have to pay for a new one (just the faulty part).

Yes, I replaced them in the correct order (first right side compartment, then left), but still no joy.

Unfortunately the unit's not still under guarantee - it was in the house when we moved in two years ago, so is probably at least 3-4 years old now.

Looks like I'll probably have to fork out for a new digistat :(

Incidentally, if I need to buy a replacement digistat, would I need to replace both the transmitter and receiver, or would replacing just the transmitter be ok?

Sponsored Links
Incidentally, if I need to buy a replacement digistat, would I need to replace both the transmitter and receiver, or would replacing just the transmitter be ok?
The transmitter is listed with a separate part no in the back of the manual, so you should be able to buy one on its own. It will need to be "mated" to the receiver (setting up RF link in the Manual).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back