temporary removal of BOSS trvs for decorating purposes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please bear with me.

In my previous house I had Danfoss TRVs on my radiators. They had the "positive off" symbol on them which I used to switch to for removal purposes when needing to decorate behind the radiator. I did this in all my rooms many times without problem.

Now I've moved and the new house's radiators have Boss TRVs which also have that "off" symbol on them but try as I might I just cannot get the cover to turn to the off position, they go no further than the frost setting. This holds true for all the TRVs in the house.

Why would the off symbol be on the valve covers if you can't switch to it?

Any ideas how to overcome this when I get to redecorate?

Thanks for reading.

Jill

Sponsored Links
Take the heads off some one might have put the little plastic pins in that limit how far head turns

Take the heads off some one might have put the little plastic pins in that limit how far head turns

Like I said, bear with me. This is all new to me as the old Danfoss didn't need to have their heads removed.

How do I take them off? I can't see any inserted plastic pins, the only difference I can see between the two makes, and this is from memory regarding the Danfoss, is that the BOSS trv has a metal collar under the pointer and head assembly. Is it that metal collar I need to loosen to remove the head? See pic.

View media item 12780
Thanks.

Jill

Yep should only be hand tight but some people have big hands.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back