Worcester 28i Junior won't ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now and again my boiler won't ignite and the warning light flashes. Often pressing the reset button will fix this, but not today apparently.

Any ideas what I can try? I noticed that the water pressure level has somehow crept up from 1 to 2.5 - how do I release some of the pressure, do I have to bleed some radiators and do you think it might help?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You could try thr yellow pages or the local free ads. There's a big section devoted to plumbers and heating engineers with registered GAS SAFE numbers!!! ;)

You could try thr yellow pages or the local free ads. There's a big section devoted to plumbers and heating engineers with registered GAS SAFE numbers!!! ;)

I know, but if I can just press a button or turn a dial then I'd rather not pay someone a call out fee, so I thought I'd ask on here first.

Check your filling loop is not letting by, by disconnecting it.

Release the excess pressure via a drain cock under a raditor or the boiler.

This probably has nothing to do with the intermittent problem of not firing, but do this first anyway ;)

Sponsored Links
How old is it? This is, in my experience, one of the most reliable boilers on the market. It does need servicing though. If this hasn't been done for a while there could be a build up of crap in the condensate trap and combustion chamber. The gas valve could have gone out of range and there is a whole load of stuff that can be wrong.

How old is it? This is, in my experience, one of the most reliable boilers on the market. It does need servicing though. If this hasn't been done for a while there could be a build up of crap in the condensate trap and combustion chamber. The gas valve could have gone out of range and there is a whole load of stuff that can be wrong.

It's about 2 years old, not been serviced at all. I'll give someone a call to come and service it, I expect getting it to ignite should come as part of the service.

Cheers

No, if there is a problem that isn't fixed by servicing then you will have a bill.

It's about 2 years old, not been serviced at all. I'll give someone a call to come and service it, I expect getting it to ignite should come as part of the service.

Cheers

do not phone someone for a service when it clearly requires a repair!!!!

ask for a repair then a service

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back