Central Heating Circulating Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently noticed that the water circulating pump positioned in the airing cupboad by the hot water storage tank is still running after the boiler has gone off and the timer is off. It can run for over about a hour after the timer is set to go off before itself stopping. Having only just noticed this, should there be a delay in the pump stopping after the timer has stopped and the boiler has stopped or is it a fault with the 3 way switch that controlls hot water, heating? As an addition although the pump is running the radiators are not getting hot.

Sponsored Links
What boiler do you have, it sounds like it could be a faulty pump over run on it,
if it was microswitch sticking in 3 way valve it would keep boiler firing also

It will very very likely that it will be the pump over run function on the PCB .
Quite an expensive board at around £135 trade so if its not annoying you just ignore it as it wont do any harm or get BG out on fixed price repair they are cheaper than baxi

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for the prompt replies. I actually have a boiler maintenance/service plan but I wanted to get some advice before making an appointment so I didn't get fobed off with them telling me it wasn't the boiler and wanting to charge me for the repair.

When it is running for this excess time, check the switched live on the boiler terminal is dead, ie shows 0 volts ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back