HOW TO RECORD FREEVIEW CHANNELS ON PANASONIC DVD RECORDER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have jut bought an LG TV with integrated freeview and blue ray player connected with HDMI lead. I have a Panasonic DVD recorder which I presume will connect with scart lead. However, I have never managed in the past to record anything more than the 4 terrestrial channels. Is there any way I can do this or do I need satellite recorder. We watch TV through digital aeriel and don't have sky?

Sponsored Links
My Panasonic TV has two SCART connectors one in input only but the other is both in and out and my Philips DVD/Hard drive recorder will record from the TV. Since I also have FreetoSky box I can record one program and watch another.

But using a SCART to RF box stops the signal from TV and it is very odd as some items I have will not work with the IN/OUT SCART connector giving a bad picture and it has been a bit of a fiddle to get VCR, DVD Player/Audio system, DVD/Hard drive recorder, And Sky all working together and I had to swap which used each TV input a few times before I got them all working.

I have jut bought an LG TV with integrated freeview and blue ray player connected with HDMI lead. I have a Panasonic DVD recorder which I presume will connect with scart lead. However, I have never managed in the past to record anything more than the 4 terrestrial channels. Is there any way I can do this or do I need satellite recorder. We watch TV through digital aeriel and don't have sky?

What model of LG?

How does your current set up differ from previous, when you could only record terrestrial?

If you connect the Panasonic DVD via a SCART, in order to record via that SCART input, you need to use the 'input select' on the Panasonic to select it, not the channel select numbers......

What does the instruction manual for the LG say about outputting the watched channel to another device (DVD recorder)?

Does the manual say that you can output a different channel from the one being watched? If not, you may be forced into recording programmes as you watch them...

Sponsored Links
We have (in the garage) an alalogue panasonic DVD/Hard drive recorder. It was replaced by a digital one 9 months ago.

You need a freeview box and feed the freeview output into the DVD, I believe it has a Scart "in" for this purpose (may be marked satelite in). You can use the coax in as well.

You tune the freeview box to the channel you wish to record and set the recorder to record from the appropriate AV input if using the scart in.

Would have to get the old one out and set it up again to be more precise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back