How to find property...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...in need of renovation or land ripe for extensions?

Not sure if this is the right section but here it goes...

Where is the best place to find a house that needs work and can be extended? I'm after such a property but most property search engines offer "recently renovated" properties... Ive seen some offering searches at a cost but are they actually worth the cost..

Any free places to look? Any recommendations?

If only the sites you pay for which can be recommended so I dont waste my money...

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
New i'd get some smart remarks, but 3 in 5mins, nice one fellas...

Any sensible answers?

to live in , or buy to let?
your specific area?

tried the obituaries? ( I know, heartless )

my nan's house is going up for sale soon ( passed on june 6th ) and is in need of modernisation, can be extended ( ex council, and all the identical properties were extended by the council so there should be no problems getting PP.. )
problem is it's round here..

Most properties that get sold for development never usually make it to an advert as they are snapped up by a developer who is willing to bung the agent a good wedge of cash.

You need to spend time getting to know your local agents, keep popping in to their offices, find out what properties they can't sell and why. Once you have built a rapport you might get in with a chance.

Don't bother with estate agents auctions as they are often the most expensive place to buy properties.

Most properties that get sold for development never usually make it to an advert as they are snapped up by a developer who is willing to bung the agent a good wedge of cash.

You need to spend time getting to know your local agents, keep popping in to their offices, find out what properties they can't sell and why. Once you have built a rapport you might get in with a chance.

Don't bother with estate agents auctions as they are often the most expensive place to buy properties.

Thanks, that's very good advice.

cracking house HERE grade ll listed four story Georgian end terrace needs loadsa work doing to it but I would buy it (if i hadn't bought one up the street) up in tyneside though

Sponsored Links
Back