Replacing intergrated with free standing size difference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace a intergrated washing machine and dishwasher in my kitchen with free standing appliances. The problem I have is that the intergrated units I currently have both have a width of 59.6cm but the free standing appliances I want are 60cm each so I am 0.8cm short :(

Even though the appliances are 59.6cm do kitchen fitters tend to work to a 60cm per appliance regardless ? When I measure the space it looks like I am about 2mils short, not sure whether to risk getting 2 full size appliances or whether I should just go for a full size washer and slim line dishwasher at 45cm but then that leaves me with a gap of about 13cm with nothing to fill :rolleyes: I have found a few full size appliances that at 59.6cm width but I wanted to put Bosch in and they all seem to be 60cm.

Sponsored Links
Are sure your dimensions are correct, I thought the 600 was the cabinett dimensions.

Sponsored Links
Any chance of moving a base unit? You really will need a gap for the W/M in particular. I've seen mine (Bosch) thrashing about up to an inch with an off-balance load.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back