Door closer conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all - my first post!

My back door is an outward opening stable door.

What's the best way to prevent it getting damaged from the wind blowing it open?

My cunning plan was to fit a concealed door closer to the bottom half, so when the top half is pinned open the bottom half also stays shut automatically.

However all the concealed closers I've come accross have a max opening angle of 110 degrees.... my door is able to open to about 160 degrees.
Looked at the spring surface closers but the body will obstruct the door.

Does anyone know:
a) what happens when the max angle is exceeded on these concealed closers; does it get ripped out?
b) if any are available with a bigger opening angle?
c) any other ideas?

Thanks in advance....

Sponsored Links
perhaps a door stay,that way if the door gets blown open it will stop at a set limit and hold it there,only trouble with these is if it really windy you could end up losing your door.
wondering if an over head door closure might be better if you dont mind it in your face so to speak,with a back check facility.

How about a little bolt near the top of the bottom half? Ball catch maybe?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back