Pictures / rules / copy right

Sponsored Links
Which one?

I got an acknowledgement in one of the ESC best practice guides for one of my photos.

They also compensated me for allowing them to use the photo.

The one of an old ELCB?

I can't comment on my arrangement with the nice people at the ESC:cool:

Sponsored Links
Interesting re-posting and since I now do have a pro-site with my images I suppose there could be a charge.

I have never asked for a fee to re-publish my images. But that does not mean I never will. When I design a web site I link to rather than re-publish the images I find.

So with my sites the author can withdraw the image and any link will fail.

However if copied and published without links then one could easy fall foul of copy write law. I for example have assess to the Mold Camera Club forum and as such I could link to images which were on other web sites restricted. As long as the poster has the option to remove the image then I am not in breach of copy-write. But if I imported the image to my own site so the poster could not withdraw it then it becomes very different.

Since I have not decided to write a book there is really no problem with the images I redirect to. But as a hard copy there may well be a problem.

Using the web devoloper page sourse you can see where the image came from. It is up to you to ask given that info for permission to publish if not done with a link.

Use any picture you like from any source. If the owner finds you using it he must first ask you to remove it.

So just get on with it.

That's theft of copyright.

I have seen electricians with photographs of my work on their website, claiming it to be their own, and I know this has happened to chri5 too. I hardly think that's the sort of thing we should be encouraging. :rolleyes:

It is interesting to see the same image stolen so many times. Many jobs I have done had a ban on cameras except for with special permission and I am sure I have some photos which would fall foul of the rules on taking photos in non public places.

I am at the moment taking loads of photos of a private wood as he does not know who took what and many the photographer gave permission to use but only if credit was given.

I was surprised to see even after death the photo remains the property of estate and can be inherited for something like 50 years.

As already stated first they need to complain and with a website easy enough to then remove. With a book somewhat harder.

I have had problems with links. I needed to write a web page for college and my web space was rather low at the time. So I put the images on facebook and linked to them. However the college it seemed had banned facebook so when viewed on the college computer all images were missing.

I had also asked permission to use images from some else's website which was granted. Only to find he had stolen them to start with.

You can to some extent prevent theft of your photos by lightly water marking them before publishing them on a website.

Or heavily watermark them so that anyone wishing to use them has to ask you for the un-watermarked original ( or a lightly watermarked copy ) and then has to pay what ever cash you ask for.

Bloomin eck RF - you should complain to all of those people. I have my own gallary and it is completely stocked with pictures taken by my own hand. Personally if anyone wants to use my pictures I will grant it in writing per application - so that a permission to you on here to use tham - does not give all of those people that RF has shown the idea that they are free to use them without an individual permission. Just an email asking would be a enough.

Well Done RF for find so many of yours being used - PM me how you did it please ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back