Indesit Dishwasher IDL 530 - Error Codes

Sponsored Links
Led 1= Prewash / 3hr
Led 2= Wash / 6hr
Led 3= Rinses / 9 hr
Led 4= Drying / 12hr

LED. illuminated
1 = Overflow ( water in base )

1+2 = Pump timeout, or Software recognition error ( timer not programmed, wrong keypad)

1+3 = Circulation pump not working

2+3 = Not filling

2+4 = Heating circuit not working

2 = Solenoid valve 'broken'

3 = Thermistor (NTC) cicuit not working

4 = Temp not reached whilst heating ( poss NTC detached from casing).

It is usually necessary to 'reset' the machine after a fault code has been displayed.

Resetting.
Switch dishwasher OFF, rotate the selector switch to STOP/CHANGE and switch on, after a few seconds the LEDS will go out enabling a new programme to be selected

Hi All,

Discovered this site and looks great. Anyway my dishwasher just died this week and i miss it already. The first 2 lights are flashing after I hear a humm for a minute or 2 and then the lights just start flahing. I have tired power off at the mains and trying when I got in from work . . same error. There is no water in the dishwasher so guessing the pump is dead? Any ideas where to get a replacement?

Any advice would be much appreciated as i am going to start taking it apart to check for blocagess.

I too have (had) lights 1 + 2 on, every time I close the door water fills up the base until it leaks so its not an inwards pump problem :(

Todays work,

Pulled the dishwasher our and drained the water out by putting the waste out the back door so it was lower. This drained no problem so no blockage. I was then able to run the intensive cycle for about 30 minutes but no hot water. I believed the problem was the water heater.

This wasn't so as I pushed the diswasher back under the worktop and ran the intensive cycle again and worked with hot water. I had thought it was fixed but about 10 minutes later I come back to find the dishwasher stopped with 2 flahing lights. Now I am back to square 1.

Anyone got any insight as to wahat is wrong or a steps to identify the problems root cause?

Dom36 my dishwasher doesn't leak so don't know if we have the same problem but will keep your posted on how I get on.

Sponsored Links
Well its not specifically "leeking", but if you kept putting water in your dishwasher it would leek eventually, just through lack of space lol.
Its not a bad connected pipe or anything like that, its just the water level rises so much it spills over.

I've got my dad over tomorrow to take a look at the electrics, the board looks ok, but if theres a short somewhere on there ... who knows? :(

OK to add to this now, played around with the board, and we then got Light 5 lit up, anyone know what this could mean?
After more pressing of buttons, and switching on and off, we're back to all 5 lights been lit.

Now pulled it out, tipeed it backwards forwards all over still to no avail :(

Led 1= Prewash / 3hr
Led 2= Wash / 6hr
Led 3= Rinses / 9 hr
Led 4= Drying / 12hr

LED. illuminated
1 = Overflow ( water in base )

1+2 = Pump timeout, or Software recognition error ( timer not programmed, wrong keypad)

1+3 = Circulation pump not working

2+3 = Not filling

2+4 = Heating circuit not working

2 = Solenoid valve 'broken'

3 = Thermistor (NTC) cicuit not working

4 = Temp not reached whilst heating ( poss NTC detached from casing).

It is usually necessary to 'reset' the machine after a fault code has been displayed.

Resetting.
Switch dishwasher OFF, rotate the selector switch to STOP/CHANGE and switch on, after a few seconds the LEDS will go out enabling a new programme to be selected

Hi there - I have tried tilting the machine back as light 1 is flashing and the machine isn't filling (the pump is running) - there was water in the bottom which I have removed and dried, but the light still flashes and washer doesn't fill. The anti flood switch appears to work (i.e the float is free and it clicks the switch when raised). I've tried switching on and off and reversing the plug to the anti-flood switch (I didn't take note which way the wires went on) but still no use. Any thoughts ...?

There may be a short across the switch. The live comes from the double wire which locates on position 3. The switch in the switched position alows the live to run to the timer card. Normally the live loops to the heater relay contact on the timer. Try disconnecting the double wire from the float switch.
This is assuming you diswasher was built after Feb 2006.

Try removing the float switch and drying it too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back