tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a worcester 24CDi combi and have been getting a couple of problems recently. When using the CH or hot water, say running a bath, The system trips out after about 30mins running. I get two slow flashing lights on the panel which reset ok but will trip again after the same time again.I have, after following the fault guide in the manual and on the advice of a friend, tried a replacement overheat stat and this worked for two days then the problem returned.

Also when using water for a while there is a very loud noise when turning off the tap. All i can describe it as is similar to the shutting of an inlet valve in a toilet cistern only much louder.....not a good description I know but.....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
ermmm said:
Hi, I have a worcester 24CDi combi and have been getting a couple of problems recently.

Give us a few details - age of system, how long have problems been occurring, etc

Ok but not been an expert I dont really know what info you need. System is 5 years old and was a full system install with rads and pipework etc, has been regularly serviced, problems been happening for approx 4 months. Does not happen all the time can run for days been ok then will start to cut out.

please tell me what more info I can give you

Thanks again

your sure the boiler has 1 - 1.5 bar pressure?
its possible the heatexchanger could be slightly blocked and after a period of time it goes out on overheat

Sponsored Links
yes the pressure is set at 1 bar. It does rise to about 1.5 when using the central heating.

Well I have now changed the primary sensor (thermister) as well as the overheat stat and so far this seems to have fixed the prob. Has been ok for a week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

thanks for the help

Have you got a copy of the documentation for the boiler?
If so, did you check that the boiler's internal bypass is operating correctly and set right? Your symptoms sound like a circulation problem, which might involve the bypass being blocked or closed.

Thanks Croydon,

yes I do have the manual and will keep that help in mind for the future. I'm hoping it has sorted now with the changing of this sensor as its been ok since then.

will keep an eye on it
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back