Blocking off chimneys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 6 chimney pots and can see daylight if I look up one of the fireplaces, also rain is dripping down to the fireplaces as well as the house being very draughty in winter.

I only use one of the fireplaces for a Log effect gas fire so can I get something inexpensive which caps off the chimneys at the top which still allows me to use my fire?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
you can cap your unused vents with one of these
an elephants foot.

and a gc2 gas vent terminal for your gas fire........i would take advice on the gas terminal though as you will need to get the proper size.

You need to be asking about the "log" gas fire in Plumbing+ heating :!: Apart from being seriously inefficient + therefore costly to run . THEY CAN and HAVE KILLED people from CO poisoning

thanks, those elephant foot thing look the ticket, do they come in different sizes, if so I suppose I have to go up on my roof to measure the pots? I'm scared of heights and have a tall house, yikes!!

Sponsored Links
yes they come in a couple of different sizes, you would be better trying to pick some up at a reclamation yard or local roofing contractors as they are around the £40 mark new.

if you pick them up yourself maybe your window cleaner or local friendly sweep would put them on for you if you speak to them nice bung them £20...as a roofer would charge you substantially more.

dont want any accidents remember what happened to rod hull :cry: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back