Scantronic 9448+ Advice Please - "Not Used" zone l

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had a Scantronic 9448+ working successfully for the past 9 years, but recently the 'Zone 6' LED lights up when I set the alarm (and the siren sounds). To the best of my knowledge, this zone does not exist (i.e. there is no sensor connected to it). I can only assume that when the alarm was installed the installer marked that zone correctly as 'Not Used', but that somehow that setting has been lost.

I vaguely recall that we had to reset the PIN number once because of it not accepting the valid one, so maybe it happened then.

I know that I can omit the 'rogue' zone temporarily every time I leave the house, but I'd really like to omit it permanently.
Could anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Put a link of wire between the terminals of zone 6.

Put a link of wire between the terminals of zone 6.

Thanks for the info, but I was really hoping for a way to configure it without opening the front panel (as it sets off the alarm). I believe there must be something you can configure with the buttons on the front, or otherwise it would not have worked correctly in the past.

Having said that, if all else fails I will certainly look at doing what you suggest, so thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have had a Scantronic 9448+ working successfully for the past 9 years, but recently the 'Zone 6' LED lights up when I set the alarm (and the siren sounds). To the best of my knowledge, this zone does not exist (i.e. there is no sensor connected to it). I can only assume that when the alarm was installed the installer marked that zone correctly as 'Not Used', but that somehow that setting has been lost.

I vaguely recall that we had to reset the PIN number once because of it not accepting the valid one, so maybe it happened then.

I know that I can omit the 'rogue' zone temporarily every time I leave the house, but I'd really like to omit it permanently.
Could anyone help please?

did it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back