Foundation ground level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Been on here before, great site, and i am a bit of a lurker, tending to read
everyones replies.

However, i am just embarking on a 4.3 metre x 4.3 metre single storey extension to our bungalow ( greatly assisted in my drawings by Shytalkz....drawings all passed first time)

The question is....Over the length of the 4.3 metres for the proposed building, the ground height differs from front to back by some 80mm or so.

What level would the building control officer take as being ground level height, is it 150mm below dpc or actual ground height at the lowest point.

I am mid way digging my footings out and i do not wish to go to far down if not required, both for cost in concrete and also my self preservation.

Thanks for any help guys

Tufty

Sponsored Links
80mm :confused: what 3.1/2 inches :LOL: You`ve not met " 3 metre Peter" from Wealden, then ;)

Are we talking about an extra wheelbarrow of ground and £5 worth of concrete? :rolleyes:

If the BCO is worried about 80mm over 4300mm, then he wants pushing in the trench prior to concreting

But to answer the question, it is the suitability of the ground which matters, so if its suitable at 920mm then that is the level to work to

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, probably me being too fussy.

Whats the story with 3 metre peter then ?....sounds like i dont need him in my area !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back